West Galway Family Services
Parents Plus Children’s Programme for parents of children aged 6-11
Tuesdays from 6pm-8pm starting on Tuesday 24th September for 9 weeks
An evidence-based parenting course promoting confidence, learning and positive behaviour in children aged 6 to 11 years.
Targeting the needs of primary school children, the Parents Plus Children’s Programme shows parents how to communicate positively with children by illustrating ways to encourage good social skills as well as well-researched methods to tackle behaviour problems.
The aims of the course are to help parents not only solve discipline and other childhood problems, but also for parents to develop closer and more satisfying relationships with their children.
- Solving childhood problems
- Play and special time with children
- Building children’s self-esteem and confidence
- Encouraging children’s learning/supporting homework
- Setting rules and helping children keep them
- Establishing daily routines
- Managing misbehaviour using consequences and sanctions
- Problem solving/talking problems through with children
Erika or Lorraine at 091 529390 for more information or to register.